A value proposition should communicate the main benefit of your brand and how it solves your customer’s needs. It should include at least one unique selling point that differentiates you brand from the competition. From a conversion perspective it is important that your value proposition is clearly and succinctly communicated on your home page through imagery and/or words.
Below is a 5 step process for creating a compelling value proposition.
1. “If I am your ideal prospect, why should I buy from you rather than any of your competitors?” – Your value proposition should clearly answer this question. Start with a “because”:
2. “If” – Answer as a first-person question from the perspective of your ideal customer.
“Your value proposition has to cut through all that scepticism and give them an ultimate reason. And for that to happen, you as a marketer have to start to think through the eyes of the customer,” Flint McGlaughlin, Managing Director, MECLABS
3. “Ideal prospect” – focus on a specific customer segment.
4. The ultimate reason for your customers to buy? Followed by your evidence.
5. Does your proposition include an “only” factor? It must include at least one aspect that differentiates you from your competitors.
Conversion marketing – Glossary of Conversion Marketing.
Over 300 tools reviewed – Digital Marketing Toolbox.
A/B testing software – Which A/B testing tools should you choose?
Types of A/B tests – How to optimise your website’s performance using A/B testing.