Should you let Google automatically migrate you to Google Analytics 4?
Google is offering to automatically migrate customers to Google Analytics 4.
We don’t recommend this because:
- Most of GA4’s standard events, such as form interactions and video engagement don’t work on many websites and then give misleading results.
- Google’s standard conversion events are too generic or not relevant for most websites that don’t have ecommerce transactions.
- Conversion events usually require setting up using Google Tag Manager as the GA4 console is too limiting.
- If you don’t already have Google Tag Manager installed, you won’t get it with an automatic migration.
- Google won’t install a suitable session replay and heatmap tool like we do.
- You won’t get a tailored set up suitable for your individual website needs.